Monday, January 10, 2011

Madness Monday - I am a Geni Addict!

I am going absolutely mad!! Geni, I love you, I really do, but you are like a monkey on my back!


Some of you may have noticed (or not)that I haven't been blogging as much. You can blame it all on Geni. Today I finally figured out what it is that keeps me over there merging and pleading with curators to help with what I can't do.


It's when I stumble on to ole gr-gr-gr-gr-gr-gr-gr-gr-gr-great gramp's profile and someone has him as the son of Tom, Dick, and Harry when I know that he isn't the son of a Tom, Dick, or a Harry! 


I just can't let all my cousins think that ole gramps belongs to someone else's family.  So I end up staying there until I get the errors corrected (with some sort of documentation, of course)to my satisfaction (and hope it stays fixed).


I especially like it when I can check to see if I am related to some celebrity. That is usually how I find the errors.




Thanks for listening :-)



2 comments:

  1. It is maddening when Geni cousins are careless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've decided it's all about hats. There is the intuitive hat you wear when you come up with a hunch. Then there's the no-nonsense hat you wear when you're verifying the data you've uncovered in your research. Finally, there is the tin-foil hat you wear once all of this has driven you out of your mind.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site


Get your own free Blogoversary button!