Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tombstone Tuesday - Daniel and Rachel Jones Mathias

One day back in February I was running searches for my 4th great-grandparents Daniel and Rachel Jones Mathias.  Those two have been brick wall ancestors for quite a while.

I couldn't believe it when I found them in Ohio on Find A Grave since we thought for years that Daniel died in Wales in 1837 per some other Daniel Mathias' death certificate.  I don't know which researcher latched on to the wrong Daniel so many years ago,  but I am thankful to Find A Grave contributor dhintx for helping to iron it all out. And I hereby return Daniel Mathias who died in Wales September of 1837 to his own family.

Inscription: Native of Wales aged 61 years
Photo courtesy of Find A Grave contributor dhintx
Inscription: WIFE OF DANIEL MATHIAS aged 81 yr 2m 2d
Photo courtesy of Find A Grave contributor dhintx

Luckily one of my distant cousins and Mathias researcher has been serving in the Family History Center in Salt Lake and had access to films and such.  She was able to find collaborating documents, namely Daniel Mathias' will and land records.  I will share them another time.

I love making new discoveries!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site