Friday, August 16, 2013

Did You 'Find Photos of your Ancestors'?

Some photos that I uploaded
As you may have noticed I haven't been posting as much lately. I've been spending a little more time researching and after reading the blog post Find Photos of Your Ancestors  I have been spending more time on FamilySearch.

So I have been busy matching and merging with RootsMagic6 putting my family tree on FamilySearch. Then I clicked the button to see if I could find photos of my ancestors. I did find photos of my ancestors, but most of them I already had. 

There was one photo that I didn't have. One photo that I remember from grandma's house and have wondered all these years what happened to it. One of my cousins put it up there. I did a happy dance!

As I looked through my family tree on FamilySearch I noticed that there were photos that other people have tagged to my ancestors, but they did not show up when I clicked that button. I wanted to know why so I asked. This is the answer I got from one of the horse's mouth:
 The program does not search ALL of your ancestors. To my knowledge it looks at:
1. the people on your pedigree back to your great great grandfather, and their spouses.
2. The children of your great great grandfather.

 So I wanted to let you all know in case you haven't figured it out, use the Find option to search for your third great-grandparents and beyond. Or better yet, check out the profiles in your family tree.  That is how I found two photos that I never knew existed. I don't think anyone from my branch of the Henderson family knew about these pictures either! So I left a comment to thank whoever posted them.

There were some members of my tree who didn't have photos, so I uploaded them. I also added photos of hubby's ancestors and the x's ancestors. Because that's how I roll. I have uploaded 50 so far.


Leslie Ann

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site