Monday, January 17, 2011

Amanuensis Monday - Will of Charles E. Taylor

The following copy of Charles E. Taylor's Will was included in the second batch of grandma Hazel's goodies that I received.










                    Will.


   I, Charles E. Taylor, of Bloomington, Bear Lake County, Idaho, do hereby make, publish and declare this my last will and testament, in manner and form as follows:
   First: I direct that one thousand dollars of my estate be used to defray my funeral expenses, costs of burial, and the marking of my grave.
   Second: I direct that two hundred dollars of my estate be used for the purpose of constructing a waterworks system for the Bloomington Cemetery, providing said waterworks system is commenced within two years from my death. If said waterworks system is not commenced is not commenced with two years of my death then I direct that said two hundred dollars shall be equally divided among the following of my heirs; William C. Piggott, George C. Piggott, Mary E. South, Alice C. Ray and Leonara C. Hess.
   Third: I give and bequeath to my nephew, William C. Piggott, the  note and mortgage which I hold on his house and lot at Bloomington, Bear Lake County, Idaho, and direct that the debt secured thereby be cancelled and discharged. I also give to my nephew, William C. Piggott the dress overcoat formerly owned by my brother, Thomas. I give and bequeath to Hazel Piggott, wife of my nephew, William C. Piggott, my folding bed.
   Fourth: I give, bequeath, and devise to my nephew, George C. Piggott my house and lot located at Bloomington, Ber Lake County, Idaho, providing he pays to William C. Piggott fifty dollars, to Mary E. South, fifth dollars, to Alice C. Ray fifty dollars, and Lenora C. Hess fifty dollars within six months after my estate is filed for probate. In the event my nephew, George C. Piggott does not pay said amounts to my heirs as aforesaid and during the time specified, then in that event I direct that said house and lot shall be sold and the proceeds equally divided among my heirs, William C. Piggott, George C. Piggott, Mary E. South, Alice C. Ray and Lenora C. Hess. I also give and bequeath to my nephew, George C. Piggott, my shotgun, my watch, and the fur overcoat formerly owned by my brother, Thomas. I give and bequeath to Enid Piggott, the wife of my nephew, George C., Piggott, my graphaphone.
   Fifth: I give and bequeath to Mary E. South, Alice C. Ray, and Leonora C. Hess, the balance of the household furniture which I shall own or possess at my death to be divided among them equally.
   Sixth: I give, devise and bequeath all the rest, residue and remainder of my estate be the same real or personal property, of which I may die seized or possessed at my death to William C. Piggott, George C. Piggott, Mary E. South, Alice C. Ray, and Lenora C. Hess to share equally and alike thereof.
   Seventh: I hereby nominate and appoint, George C. Piggott, of Bloomington, Bear Lake County, Idaho, the Executor of this, my last Will and testament.
   In witness whereof, I Charles E. Taylor, the testator above named, have to this my last will and testament, subscribed my name this 7th day of August, 1922.


                      Charles E. Taylor




The foregoing instrument, was here now at the date thereof signed, sealed, published and declared by Charles E. Taylor, the above named testator, as and for his last will and testament, in the presence of us, who, at his request, and in his presence and in the presence of each other, have hereunto signed our names as subscribing witnesses.


F. HUCKVALE of Bloomington, Bear Lake County, Idaho.
JOHN T. BRISCOE of Bloomington, Bear Lake County, Idaho.
WILLIAM BEE of Bloomington, Bear Lake County, Idaho.











Amanuensis Monday is an ongoing series created by John Newmark at Transylvanian Dutch


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site