Thursday, March 24, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy - Movies

The first movie I saw at a drive in theater was CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG.




The movie came out December of 1968. That would make me 6 years old. It was at the Starlite drive-in in Chubbuck, Idaho which is no longer standing.  It is part of the mall parking lot now.

Brother, sister, and I were all decked out in our jammies in the back of the 1967 Jeepster. I'ts the only time that dad went with us to the movies (that I remember).

When I was in grade school the PTA sold bundles of discounted movie tickets.  There were probably about a dozen or so tickets, one for a matinĂ©e each week.  All of us friends in the neighborhood would all go together.  The parents would take turns dropping us off and picking us up.


Some of the movies that I remember from those summers are CALL OF THE WILD, SOUNDER, OLD YELLER,  and WHERE THE RED FERN GROWS (are you sensing a theme here?) 









Last month hubby and I went to DRIVE ANGRY 3D. Got to have me some  Nicolas Cage once in a while.







Thanks to Amy Coffin at We Tree for coming up with this series.





1 comment:

  1. i still can't watch old yeller without crying.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site