Thursday, February 28, 2013

Treasure Chest Thursday ~ Mom's Dress Gloves


This pair of vintage dress gloves are among the goodies in mom's cedar chest. It sure was nice of her to model them for me so I could take a picture.

According to the fashion laws of the sixties gloves were worn for evening and social occasions.

This six year old remembers her wearing them to church. I'm sure she wore them to other places that I didn't go.

I played dress up with them a couple of times, but I didn't keep them on for very long. That lacy crap irritated the heck out of my arms. Made me itch.  I want to scratch just thinking about it.

I think the cedar chest is the best place for them.




Leslie Ann

1 comment:

  1. Leslie Ann, well I think I'm dating myself, but I remember wearing them to church in the 60s, and I was out of school. In those days, shoes and handbags were always the same color. I wonder what else your mom has in the chest. Her gloves are in excellent condition still are white!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
The Breast Cancer Site